October 28th, Monument-National, 8 PM
« L’ART DU MIXAGE ATTEINT ICI DES SOMMETS »
— Octopus (FR)
Lately, electroacoustic music has been celebrating a lot. Réseaux will be celebrating its 20th anniversary next year; the mythical Québécois label empreintes DIGITALes is celebrating its 20th this year, and the 60th anniversary of musique concrète is barely behind us. Mathew Adkins is highlighting all of that in his masterful Project, to which 60 artists have contributed, including Francis Dhomont, Christina Kubisch, Tim Hecker, and Christian Zanési, among others.
« COLLECTOR OF EMOTIONAL SOUNDS »
— ISCM World New Music Days (SE)
On our side of the Atlantic, Martin Bédard is one of the
most faithful advocates of the acousmatic tradition, and we are proud to
present his first-ever full-length solo concert in Montréal !
• empreintes DIGITALes CELEBRATES ITS 20th ANNIVERSARY (www.empreintesdigitales.com)
• An evening co-produced with Le Vivier (www.levivier.ca)
• Martin Bédard, Radium (2004) 10m01s
• Martin Bédard, Topographie de la noirceur (2005), 4m00s
• Martin Bédard, Excavations (2008), 11m00s
• Martin Bédard, untitled (2010), 15m00s
Commission: Réseaux des arts médiatiques, with the support of CALQ
• Mathew Adkins, Project (2008) 60m00s
AKOUSMA 7 is produced with the help of the Canada Council for the Arts, the Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec, the Conseil des arts de Montréal, the SOCAN Foundation and Canadian Heritage.
Réseaux is a member of the Conseil québécois de la musique (www.cqm.qc.ca), of Groupe Le Vivier (www.levivier.ca), of the Conseil québécois des arts médiatiques (www.cqam.org), of the Canadian New Music Network (www.newmusicnetwork.ca), and is part of LA LISTE (www.laliste.qc.ca).
Tous droits réservés Réseaux concerts. ©